Yogurt is known for a being a good source of protein. Not many are aware that they too have plenty of health benefits. Here are a few health benefits of yogurt.
1. Helps to control weight – Obesity has become a common problem among adults and studies have shown that consumption of yogurt and other dairy products help to reduce or maintain weight.
2. Good for skin – Yogurt is good for skin as it helps to remove the dead cells. People who have tanned skin can apply yogurt with milk to have a smooth and tan free skin.
3. Maintain body temperature – Yogurt has cooling properties and helps to maintain coolness especially during the summer days. Having butter milk with your regular meal is beneficial in digestion.
4. Helps in digestion – Yogurt when consumed in various ways can be beneficial for people who face problems in digestion. It can also make a good and healthy dessert when taken with fruits or made in to a smoothie.
5. A good hair conditioner – yogurt can also be a good and natural conditioner for your hair. Apply full fat yogurt on the tips of your hair and leave it for half an hour before washing with a mild shampoo.
Photo Credits: healthcastle