Keep your wardrobe in pristine condition with these easy ways to avoid fading of clothes.
It hurts when your favorite dress gets faded due to constant washing. Detergents often contain harsh chemicals which take away the natural color of the fabric. Instead of getting rid of a particular damaged garment, here are a few ways by which you can maintain the natural shine on your clothes.
1. Apply black pepper – Just before you leave your clothes at the laundry, sprinkle a few teaspoons of black pepper on the clothes. Do not worry about the pepper leaving marks on the clothes, it will get washed away eventually.
2. Salt soaking – Put half a cup of salt in the washing cycle as it prevents dyes in the colored fabrics from discoloration. Salt water helps to keep the color of the clothes intact, so that they don’t fade off.
3. Put baking soda – Baking soda is easily available in any household. Add half a cup of baking soda to the wash cycle as it avoids any bleeding of the clothes and helps to maintain the bright colors.
4. Turn clothes inside out – Before washing the clothes, you can turn them inside out so that they don’t lose color from the visible side.
5. Use cold water – For colored clothes, make sure that you use cold water instead of warm water as it avoids any bleeding of color.