Close your eyes and relax! Learn about the health benefits of meditation.
In this stressful era when work dominates most of the time, it becomes difficult to find mental peace. Under such circumstances, meditation comes to the rescue. Not many people are aware of its benefits, but the fact is that it is good for mental as well as physical health.
Here are a few benefits of meditation.
1. Provides mental stability – It is essential to have emotional stability at times when you are traumatized. Meditation helps to keep the mind calm and distant from all the stress in and around you.
2. Increases fertility – Not many are aware of this benefit. According to a study at the University of Western Australia, women are more likely to conceive when in a relaxed state of mind and body. Another study says that stress is a major factor that reduces sperm count and meditation helps to increase male fertility.
3. Good for high blood pressure patients – Blood pressure patients are mostly hypertensive and meditation helps to make the body less responsive to stress related hormones.
4. Reduces inflammation – Meditation is another magical way to reduce inflammation as it helps to relax the mind and body.
5. Increases immunity – Regular meditation helps to improve the body’s immunity system. The relaxation effect induced by meditation aids in the destruction of harmful cells and provides resistance agianst viruses and tumors.
Photo Credits: meditationbenefits