Shiny lustrous hair depend on what kind of food you eat.
If you’re under the impression that only shampoos, conditioners and serums will help you get a shiny and smooth mane, then you’re mistaken. You are what you eat and so is your hair! Hair like all other parts of the body need certain nourishing foods that are specifically capable of helping hair health.
Here are the top 5 foods for get healthy hair.
1. Salmon – Salmon is loaded with copious amounts of Omega 3 fatty acids which are essential to keep the skin and hair hydrated. The body doesn’t specifically create these fats, hence, they need to be taken in externally as they constitute around 2-3 percent of our hair.
These fatty components are also essential components of cell membranes in the scalp.
2. Eggs or Chicken – Eggs and chicken are mostly associated with pumping up protein intake for gym goers, however, they can also help with healthy hair.
Both these foods contain high amounts of protein which is what our hair is made up of – Keratins (a group of proteins). Eggs especially are a good source of iron which inturn amps up blood circulation to the scalp.
3. Lentils – For all the veggies, lentils are an excellent source of protein. Lentils are also loaded with iron, which merges with vitamin C and helps increase cell oxygenation and blood circulation, all of which is essential for the health of hair follicles.
4. Walnuts – Not only are walnuts a good source of omega 3 fatty acids – the benefits of which have been explained earlier – but also contain an element called biotin which is a B-vitamin (water soluble in nature), biotin is essential for hair and scalp nourishment.
5. Yogurt – Hair follicle health largely depends upon the body’s vitamin B intake, yogurt contains generous amounts of Vitamin B.