Ever thought of adding sweet potatoes to your daily diet? Learn more about the health benefits of sweet potatoes.
Sweet potato is a large root vegetable rich in starch. They are inexpensive, tasty, as well as beneficial for health in various ways. Here are some benefits of adding sweet potatoes to your daily diet.
1. Rich in vitamin C – Not many people are aware that Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin C and can help the body in maintaining immunity. This vitamin also plays an important role in bone and tooth formation, and also helps in blood cell formation.
2. Iron content – Sweet potatoes are rich in iron which provide adequate energy to the body. This also helps in the production of white and red blood cells, resistance to stress and proper immune functioning.
3. Rich in magnesium – magnesium plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy heart and good bone health. Research has shown that about 80 percent of the population in North America suffer from deficiency of this mineral which can be found in sweet potatoes.
4. Balance sugar levels – Sweet potatoes have a mild sugar content and are natural. Thus, gets slowly released in the blood stream which ensures balanced sugar levels. Diabetes patients can thus add sweet potato to their diet.
5. Rich in carotenoids – Sweet potatoes contain carotenoids which are good for the eye sight and help to boost body immunity.
Photo Credits: medicalnewstoday