Glowing skin is no more salon exclusive, check out 5 homemade face packs.
Ever wondered why your skin doesn’t resemble the porcelain like smoothness and sun like glow that beauty product ads promise? Well then, its time to switch your loyalties and opt for a more indigenous approach. Home remedies for glowing skin are quite sort after, provided, you are equipped with the correct knowledge about what kind of ingredients to use for what type of skin.
Here are 5 homemade face packs that will help you get that coveted glowing skin.
1. Milk based face pack – Milk by its very nature is a moisturizing agent and works on various levels for skin problems. To make a face pack out of this daily household item, all you have to do is – mix an adequate amount of milk with a dash of lemon juice and turmeric, apply the paste onto your face until it dries and then, wash it off with cold water. This home remedy is most effective for achieving a naturally glowing look.
2. Strawberry mixed with yogurt – Apart from its famous reputation of being an aphrodisiac, strawberries are replete with alpha hydroxly acid and hence, aid in clearing off the dead skin cells. Mix a cup of mashed strawberries with yogurt and make it into a thick paste. Apply the paste onto your face for an approximate of 20 mins and wash it off with a splash of lukewarm water.
3. Cucumber mixed with lime juice – Apart from its innate cooling properties, the humble cucumber can also do wonders for your dull and dry skin. Mix cucumber juice with a bit of lime juice and turmeric powder (glycerin optional for extremely dry skin). Apply the paste onto your face and leave it to dry for about 20 minutes, wash it off with cold water. A daily application of this Cucumber based face pack will give you the best results.
4. Mashed banana face pack – Banana contain copious amounts of iron, potassium and magnesium, thus, not only is it a natural antidote for aging, but also helps to get glowing skin. For best results, mash up a ripe banana into a thick paste and apply it all over the face and neck area, wash the paste off your skin with normal temperature water.
5. Oatmeal, tomato juice and yogurt – This might sound like a slightly odd concoction to slather onto your skin, but it works like magic! Blend 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of tomato juice and 2 tablespoons of yogurt, make this into a thick paste and apply it all over your face. Let it dry for about 20 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
The oatmeal takes on the role of an exfoliator and the tomato juice acts as an astringent and last but not the least, the yogurt moisturizes the skin.
Voila! you have your glowing skin within the comforts of your home sans any chemical intervention.