We all lead fast-paced, busy and stressful lives and even though eliminating stress does sound like a dream come true, we cannot really expect that to happen overnight. The good news is that we can take measures in order to eliminate those stressful situations we have control over and have some peace of mind.
In the morning:
1. Do not snooze – Those ’10 more minutes’ of sleep will not make you feel more rested, but you might be running late and be stressed about it. Make sure to get up on time and start your day in the right way.
2. Get moving – If you can, squeeze in a morning workout. It will help you feel better and in turn, tackle all your tasks with more ease for the rest of the day.
In the afternoon:
3. Do one thing at a time – When you have too many things on your plate, it does become too much and you can feel overwhelmed. Make a list of things you need to do according to priority and you will end up finishing them sooner.
4. Take a moment to laugh – Laughter can help with soothing tension and improving your immune system. Call a friend or watch a funny video, just make sure to take a moment to relax and not think about work.
In the evening:
5. Enjoy some ‘me’ time – Having some time just for yourself is not selfish, but it will help you relax and in turn make you a better mother, co-worker, friend, partner. Take a long bath, have a glass of wine, read a few chapters of your book or do anything that makes you happy and relaxed.
6. Get grateful – Focus on the positive things in your life and take a moment to think how much you already achieved. Keep a journal to remind yourself that you have many reasons to be grateful.
Photo Credits: Empower Network