If you are planning to lose one pound a week, keep in mind that you need to cut out or burn 3,500 calories. This seems like a lot, so we have 10 easy ways that will help you to cut out a few calories here and there, without feeling deprived of anything. These are simple ways to reduce your calorie intake and start losing weight right away.
1. Yogurt – it should be a staple in your diet, so opt for vanilla yogurt (120) instead of a fruit-flavored one (140). Calories saved: 20.
2. Pancakes – you can still eat them, but choose maple yogurt topping (38) instead of maple syrup (104). Calories saved: 66.
3. Orange – munch on an orange (62) instead of drinking a glass of orange juice (112). Calories saved: 50.
4. Sandwich ingredients – use healthy hummus (23) on your sandwich as opposed to fatty mayo (90). Calories saved: 67.
5. Sandwich bread – opt for whole-wheat pita (170), instead of 2 slices of whole bread (220). Calories saved: 50.
6. Drinks – choose a glass (or eight) of water with a slice of lemon (0), instead of a can of Coke (143). Calories saved: 143.
7. Say no to bread – when dining out, skip the bread basket with a dinner roll (76) and butter (36). Calories saved: 112.
8. Soup – go for a bowl of minestrone soup (110), instead of broccoli cheddar (370). Calories saved: 260.
9. Alcohol – choose red wine (120) over vodka tonic (175). Calories saved: 55.
10. Chocolate – treat yourself with 2 squares of dark chocolate (88) instead of a chocolate brownie (224). Calories saved: 133.