If you are aiming for a healthier lifestyle without completely changing your diet or throwing away everything in your pantry, try adding a few healthy superfoods, as you can easily stock up on them at the store and they do not require any cooking or additional preparation.
1. Flaxseed – rich in omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and lignans, flaxseed can be added to your pancake batter, sprinkled over breakfast cereal or mixed into smoothies. It will have a positive effect on your productivity, due to its rich fiber contents.
2. Goji berries – another super easy superfood, Goji berries have plenty of nutrients, including carotenoids such as beta-carotene, vitamins C, B1, B2 and niacin, over 30 essential and trace minerals and 18 amino acids. They can be found in the supermarket, so just mix them into your breakfast or get a protein bar containing these amazing berries.
3. Powdered green drink mix – green drinks usually contain a mix of spirulina, barley and wheat grass, chlorella and sources of fiber and antioxidants. Other veggies, such as mushrooms and various greens are also added. Take a scoop of this powder and add it to your morning glass of orange juice for an energy and immunity boost.
4. Chia seeds – similar to flaxseed, these seeds also contain plenty of omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins A, B, E and D and they are rich in protein and fiber. Make sure to add some to your yogurt or salad, or blend them into a smoothie.
5. Raw chocolate – almost everyone loves chocolate, so this will be a real treat to add to your diet. It is rich in in nutrients and antioxidants and raw chocolate even tastes richer than regular one.