As everyone knows, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gives you energy, boosts your metabolism and enables you to eat less later in the day, which can either help you with weight loss or simply keep you in shape. If you are not a fan of breakfast, you probably will be after trying out these healthy, fast and delicious ideas.
1. Fruit and cheese – perhaps not your usual combination, but fruit is healthy and your body needs it, plus who does not like cheese? Grab an apple, add a bit of Cheddar and protein-rich walnuts. No preparation needed, super quick and nutritious.
2. Peanut butter waffle – instead of going heavy on the syrup, try spreading 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, as well as adding some raisins or sesame seeds. It is still delicious, but you will get much-needed fiber and protein instead of sugar.
3. Plain doughnut and chocolate milk – simple doughnut is a better option than a muffin from the bakery. Add some almonds or dried fruit for fiber and have some low-fat chocolate milk instead of coffee. Tasty and fun!
4. Strawberry shake – use vanilla or strawberry powder for instant breakfat, with no added sugar and one cup of soy milk or low-fat strawberry cow’s milk. You can also add a banana and a spoon of protein powder into the mix.
5. Morning pizza – try a more sophisticated and healthier spin on last night’s pizza: slice of crusty bread, low-fat ricotta, tomatoes, little bit of olive oil, some salt and pepper and you are done. Healthy, quick and super yummy!