Summer is here and most people are getting into a great outdoor sport. If you would like to motivate yourself or your family to go out and play some sport this summer, try and watch a movie together that will surely whet your appetite.
Here are 5 great sports movies that will get you moving:
1. The Greatest Game Ever Played – This great golfing movie chronicled the tale of how golfer Francis Ouimet matched his idol Harry Vardon at the US Open Championships. Shia LaBeouf did a great rendition of Francis in this classic movie.
2. Glory Road – Texas Western University had a memorable year in 1966. This flick talks about how Don Haskins used the first ever all African-American basketball starting lineup in college basketball history.
3. We are Marshall – This is a truly inspirational story of how Marshall’s football program made a comeback after the horrific 1970 plane crash. The Thundering Herd football program was the eventual winner in this football classic.
4. Miracle – This movie showcased the skills of Kurt Russell, who played the role of legendary coach Herb Brooks. Hockey came to the fore due to the events described in the movie.
5. Invincible – Mark Wahlberg does a great job in this flick for playing the role of Vince Papale, who was a 30-year-old bartender going on to play three and a half football seasons for Philadelphia.