The world its moving forward at break-neck speed and with the advancements in technology it has become tougher for people to cut off from their phones and other devices and get some rest. This is apart from the fact that traffic levels have increased, along with consumerism. Living in a peaceful environment has now become more important than ever.
Here are 5 steps that will help reduce the stress caused by ever-present noise.
1. White Noise: Masking external noise by the sound of running water or soft music will help ease stress and keep the mind invigorated.
2. Thick Plantation: Growing a thick wall of trees or other foliage outside the house would help to block out unwanted sounds and keep the environment fresh as well.
3. Soundproof Windows: Going in for some new soundproof windows could lift the mood around the house and cause a drastic drop in the levels of external sound entering the house as well.
4. Blocking Wall: Building a solid sound-absorbing wall made out of brick, cement or other material will keep noise out of the house. This wall could then be decorated with plants or art to make it fit in well with the landscape.
5. Protective Equipment: If high levels are noise are only going to be present for a short period of time, it would be a good idea to purchase protective earmuffs or other such equipment.