Diabetes is a condition in which the patient needs to be informed about his or her condition and also a few facts and precautions that he or she needs to take in future. It is essential to teach the patients about the condition as simple lifestyle changes is what can help or aggravate the condition.
1. Explain about types – To begin with one can explain the types of diabetes between type one and type two. One has to stress on the importance of a healthy lifestyle and a positive attitude while dealing with the condition.
2. Diet Plan – The person with diabetes has to be guided in creating a proper diet plan in terms of his or her personal needs and disease. One can also create a sample meal which is designed for diabetes.
3. Need for insulin shots – In certain severe cases, one has to properly guide diabetic patients about the insulin shots and constant monitoring of glucose levels.
4. Encouragement – Give examples about other patients on how they dealt with the problem. This encourages the patient and gives them confidence and determination to fight the disease.
5. Exercise plan – Apart from proper diet and knowledge, the person suffering from the condition needs to have proper exercise also. Help to develop an exercise plan which suits the person according to his severity.