UpdatedTrends.com: Experts have stated that vitamin C has the most health benefits and is one of the safest and most effective nutrients for the human body. Not many know that Vitamin C not only helps to build immunity against common conditions such as the common cold, but also helps in protection against cardiovascular diseases, eye diseases, prenatal health problems and skin problems.
Here are some of the top benefits of Vitamin C which also helps in diseases prevention.
1. Helps build immunity – Vitamin C is good to build a good immune system and is also essential for collagen. Collagen is the main structural protein that is found in connective tissue. Vitamin C will also shield the body against infection and maintains the health of teeth and bone. The nutrient also helps to quicken the body’s ability to heal wounds.
2. Anti-oxidant supplier for the body – Vitamin C is a good and generous supplier of anti-oxidants for the body and protects it from free radicals, which causes oxidative-stress. Oxidative-stress, also known as cellular rust, can lead to serious health problems like atherosclerosis, which can cause heart diseases and strokes.
3. Fights hypertension – Vitamin C is known to bring down blood pressure, which reduces the chances of hypertension. Hypertension can also lead to more serious problems such as heart problems.
4. Prevents common cold – The nutrient helps build body immunity and also combats bacteria , infections and viruses. Vitamin C helps to ease the unpleasant effects of the common cold including a blocked nose, aches and inflammation.
5. Prevents cataracts – Cataract is a condition of the eye in which the lens becomes opaque and the vision becomes blurry. The human eye lens needs Vitamin C for its proper functioning; the deficiency of the vitamin can lead to cataract. Higher intake of vitamin C is recommended to fight against such conditions as it increases the blood flow in the eye.
3 ways to include Vitamin C in your diet
1. Citrus fruits – Vitamin C can be found in large quantities in citrus fruits like lemon, oranges and strawberries. One can ingest it as a juice or can have the fruit itself.
2. Supplements – There are plenty of foods available which have a high source of vitamin C content in it, but the nutrient can also be taken through Vitamin C supplements. Check up with your physician on the best vitamin C supplements.
3. Other foods – Vitamin C can also be found in vegetables like tomatoes, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kiwi fruits and mustard greens, which can be included in cooking food for a normal diet.