Updated Trends: Ingrown hair is a common problem which occurs after certain hair removal methods like plucking, waxing and shaving. Small hair shafts get trapped in to the skin, when it tries to grow back. Such a condition may not be harmful, unless it is not severe. Here are a few methods by which the condition can be rectified.
1. Exfoliate – One can use a mild scrub cream or a scrubber to gently rub on the affected area so that the skin releases the hair that has been stuck in the skin. This will not only release the hair but will also exfoliate the skin.
2. Warm water treatment – One can also clean the area with warm water regularly and then apply an anti-septic cream so as to prevent infection. The antiseptic cream can be the one available over the counter.
3. Compress technique – On the affected area, compress a cloth dipped in warm water. Holding it for a while will soften the affected area and would relieve the trapped hair.
4. Wear loose fitting clothes – In such a condition one should wear loose fitting clothes, so as to avoid rubbing or sweating.
5. Avoid hair removal – One must avoid hair removal techniques like shaving, waxing or plucking for the trapped hair to grow and heal.w back. Such a condition may not be harmful, unless it is not severe. Here are a few methods by which the condition can be rectified.