Updated Trends: Not everybody gets enough time to go go to the gym for an essential session of exercise. Yet you can still exercise in some pretty easy ways even if you are not able to fish out time to go to the gym. Here are the exercises or the physical activities that can be done to fulfill the daily physical fitness quota.
1. Swimming – Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise and helps to tone the body and also maintain the health of the body. One can burn more than 500 calories in just an hour of swimming.
2. Grocery shopping – You can have some fun exercises while shopping for the groceries. When you enter the shop, walk briskly up and down in the shop along with the shopping cart and after you finish your shopping make another round and then go to the cash counter. You’ll be amazed how this small chore can help you burn calories. But make it a point to visit the store at a time when it is less crowded.
3. Painting – One can have a good, tiring session while painting a room. The up and down movement of the arms while painting, helps in the exercise of the arms, back, shoulder muscles and abdomen.
4. Reading – Along with physical exercises, one can even exercise your mind and eyes while reading. One can read a book and burn more than 88 calories while reading for an hour. Make sure that the lighting is good and your eyes are not strained.
5. Vacuum cleaning – Vacuum cleaning is one of the best exercises that can be done to burn calories. It requires you to clim stools, bend down and stretch – just enough exercise to keep you fit.
Although these are some suggestions, it is better to make sure that you get adequate exercise on a daily basis. Long walks, healthy eating and stretch exercises/yoga are advisable if you don’t have time to go to a gym.