Updated Trends: Coconuts have several benefits which cannot be counted. In India, the coconut tree is known as the ‘Kalpavriksha’, which means that all parts of the tree are beneficial. Similarly, the coconut has its own health benefits and is widely used in several dishes, drinks and curries across the world. Not many people know that the milk of the coconut has several benefits to people around the world.
1. Skin care – The coconut milk can be used for moisturizing the skin. Most of the skin care products have coconut milk, which is beneficial for the skin. Apart from skin, it can also be used for hair care.
2. Relief from health problems – Due to the number of vitamins present in coconut milk, it can also relieve a person suffering from mouth ulcers and sore throat. Coconut milk is the best treatment for diarrhea.
3. Nutrients – Our body needs various vitamins that are essential for the body. Coconut milk has got minerals, vitamins as well as electrolytes like calcium, potassium and chloride. Nutrients in turn helps keep the skin and hair healthy.
4. Dairy free – Coconut is the best alternative for thos who are allergic to animal milk. It is completely fat free and soy free.
5. Lauric acid – coconut milk contains lauric acid, which is anti bacterial, anti viral anti microbial and anti fungal properties.