Updated Trends: Most of us get caught when it comes to have a snack an hour before dinner. At such times one often indulges in heavy snacks, which are either deep fried or high on calories. This is when the calorie count rises drastically. However, there are also certain options, which can be easily found at home and are much healthier.
1. Plain yogurt – Not many are aware that plain yogurt can make a great and healthy snack. Yogurt provides the body with the essential bacteria and also helps in lowering blood pressure. With a high calcium content, yogurt also benefits the bones of the body.
2. Cashews – Cashews are the healthiest snack one can indulge in and can be found in almost any grocery store.
3. Bananas – There cannot be a healthier option to have a fruit as a snack. One or two bananas can be eaten as a snack, which also help to fill the stomach.
4. Apples – Apples are power packed with anti oxidants, which are essential for the body. The fruit also contains fiber which helps to keep the digestive system healthy and active.
5. Carrots – Carrots are rich in Vitamin A as well as fiber. They are good for eyes and can be eaten with yogurt.