Updated Trends: The last decade has been a great period for the automotive industry around the globe, and there were a number of developmental phases the industry has seen and gone through. The automotive sector is the largest industrial sector in the world after oil and food, and hence development in this field has great importance to all human beings.
The five major technological developments the automotive industry has seen in the world are as follows –
1) Development In Safety Features: There has been massive improvement in the safety features of automobiles, as this is the most important aspect that keeps the driver and the passengers safe in the car. There has been top of the notch improvements in the quality of seat belts, ABS and EBS features in almost all cars in the world.
2) Development In The Hybrid Engines: Hybrid Engines are seen in Hybrid cars in the market today. They run on both conventional fuel and electricity, thus making them more fuel efficient and greener to the environment.
3) Development In Electric Vehicles: There is a considerable rise in the research and development of making complete non conventional fuel vehicles. Electric vehicles are getting more popular, their demand is rising around the globe and it is the best way to keep the environment clean and healthy.
4) Computerization of Vehicles: Nowadays, expensive cars and SUV’s are coming fitted with on board computers, which map the vehicle’s behaviour, performance and any sort of trouble. This gives the driver a perfect outlook of the vehicle’s condition, its time for service and ride quality.
5) Development Of Cheaper And Smaller Cars: As there is massive funds flooded into the R&D of sports cars around the world, more finances are flooded into the automotive industry to build smaller and cheaper cars. This way the companies will be able to cater all types of customers who financially strict on their respective part.