Bleeding gums is a very common issue that is faced by many people. But people who face this issue should be careful as there are chances that they might be facing some other health issue as well. People who are suffering from it should observe a few things like if the bleeding is occasional then it might be due to rough brushing techniques or dentures that do not fit well. For the regular issue, here are a few ways you can take good care of your gums.
1. Use a brush with soft bristles – One has to be very careful while selecting the right brush. Be as gentle as possible and pick up a brush that has soft bristles. A hard bristled brush is not just harsh for the gums but can also be harmful for the teeth enamel.
2. Rinse your mouth regularly – After every meal, it is important that you rinse your mouth with water. It can be even better of you use a mouth wash. Using a mouthwash not just cleans the mouth but also clears all the unpleasant odor.
3. Quit smoking – Smoking is one of the biggest enemies of the gums as well as the teeth. Smoking can make one prone to infection and also affects the blood flow to the gums.
4. Consume leafy green vegetables – Vegetables like spinach and kale contain plenty of Vitamin K which is good for the health of the gums.
5. Visit the dentist regularly – Regular visits to the dentist will keep a check on the health of the gums as well as the teeth.
However, if the bleeding gums does not subside in seven to ten days, then you should consult an expert who can suggest a dental treatment that promotes healing of the gums. The dentist should also be consulted in case of inflation on the face, clicking of the jaw, long-standing bad breath or unbearable pain of tooth.
Photo Credits: Pixabay