Weight loss in general is tough. Women despite having a healthy lifestyle and everyday exercise, if you are still not able to lose weight then there are chances that you are suffering from polycystic ovaries or PCOS. Such a condition occurs due to development of small cysts on one or both ovaries and this makes it difficult for women with PCOS to shed that extra weight. But still it is important to lose weight as every kilo that is lost helps to improve insulin resistance, balances hormone levels, regulates menstrual cycles and also improves overall quality of life. Here are a few tips for women with PCOS, with the help of which they can lose some weight. 1
1. Consume ample protein – Protein helps to stabilize blood sugar and helps to aid weight loss by reducing cravings and manages hunger hormones. You can try adding healthy proteins like eggs, milk, nuts and tofu to your diet. This helps in weight loss especially for women who suffer from PCOS.
2. Cut down on carbohydrates – Women who suffer from PCOS must follow a low carb diet and must cut down on the everyday consumption of carbohydrates as much as possible. A low carb diet helps to manage the insulin levels and this in turn helps in weight loss.
3. Consume more fibre – Consuming food that have more fibre content, helps to stay full for a longer period. It also helps in reduction of insulin resistance, body weight and excess body fat that aids in weight loss.
4. Eat sensibly – Women who suffer from PCOS, are more likely to suffer from eating disorders compared to other women. It is essential to think sensibly and make sensible decision in terms of diet as it will help you to lose weight with ease.
5. Limit sugar intake – Try reducing the added sugar in your diet as they increase the blood sugar levels which can lead to weight gain.
Photo Credits: Pixabay