People who suffer from high blood pressure, have to look after what they eat. One has to keep a close check on the diet and lifestyle pattern. Hypertension is a serious condition and if it is left untreated it can lead to serious health complications. Cooking oils play a major aspect in your diet. Switching to a healthy oil for cooking. Oil is a basic ingredient for everything that is cooked. Using the right oil can help in numerous ways. Here are a few cooking oils that can be a healthier option for people who suffer from high blood pressure.
1. Canola Oil – Canola oil has the lowest levels of saturated fats and is a great choice for keeping the heart healthy. This oil also contains mono-saturated fats which are great for blood pressure as well as heart health. It contains just 7 percent saturated fats and a very high amount of polyunsaturated fat which is a good fat.
2. Almond oil – It is a distinctive as well as a nutty flavor oil which is not just tasty but is also low on saturated fats. A diet that is rich in almonds might help to reduce blood pressure.
3. Olive oil – Olive oil contains 74 percent of mono-saturated fats and reduces the risk of heart diseases. It is recommended to use extra virgin olive oil. The oil is good for the blood pressure patients as it contains vitamin E and the other varieties that are available. It also has a high smoking temperature which is good for frying foods.
4. Sunflower oil – The oil is produced from sunflower seeds and has the highest level of Vitamin E when compared to other vegetable oils. It plays an important role in normalizing the blood pressure.
5. Soybean oil – Soybean oil contains, 61 percent polyunsaturated fats, 24 percent mono-saturated fats and 13 percent saturated fats. The composition makes it ideal for the high blood pressure patients.
Photo Credits: Pixabay