During winters, we tend to wear layers of woolen clothes so as to protect ourselves from the cold. But it is also essential to eat right to keep yourself warm from within. There are a few spices, drinks and foods that can be included in the diet to generate heat in the body naturally. Here are a few foods and diet tips to stay warm naturally.
1. Cook in clarified butter – Clarified butter is also known as ghee and is a winter essential that can be used to stay warm naturally. You can use ghee in cooking food and as it contains calcium it is a great food that can help you to stay warm naturally. It also supplies the body with energy.
2. Dried fruits – Figs and dates are great dried fruits that can be eaten as a snack during winters. They can also be consumed by adding them in warm milk. They are rich in calcium and iron and a warming in nature. They also help to boost the energy levels in the body.
3. Root Vegetables – Some of the popular warming vegetables include radish potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic. The above vegetables are digested slower in the body and therefore help to generate heat. You can include these vegetables in your diet to stay warm. Some of the vegetables mentioned are seasonal and fresh and so are healthy for the body.
4. Warming spices – Some of the spices like ginger, cinnamon, cloves and star anise are packed with flavour and warmth. They can be added to curries, coffees and teas and to any winter beverage that you enjoy.
5. Honey – Honey is naturally warm in nature and can be added as a sweetener to the winter beverages. As they are warm, they can also be added to the hot salads as a salad dressing. However, people who are diabetic can avoid usage of honey during winters.
Photo Credits: Pixabay