There are people who love the summers but then there are people who do not prefer to go out in the sun. Those who do, often become the victims of the sun with skin problems. The UV rays are the worst enemies of the sun and they cause the supportive collagen structure to break down and elastic fibre weakens and leads to sagging. Careful sun protection throughout the year is essential and here are a few ways to reverse the damage.
1. Use Sunscreen lotions – The end of summer does not mean that the UV rays are not working. About 80 percent of the UV radiation can penetrate the cloud which is the reason it is essential to apply sun screen even during monsoon.
2. Proper diet – One must have a diet that is rich in anti-oxidants that reverse the sun damage and fight against free radicals that cause damage to the skin cells. Some of the fruits like berries, citrus fruits and vegetables protect the skin against the sun and the induced allergies and damages.
3. Skin care regime – Apart from regular moisturizing, cleansing and toning, one must also regularly exfoliate the skin. The exfoliants help to remove the dead skin, dry dead skin cells and toxins that are deposited. It allows the new skin to surface. You can also use a night cream that speed ups the repairing of the damaged skin.
4. Face repair masks – Use face repair masks that contain ingredients like Arbutin which relieves the skin of the damage. Presence of vitamin C also helps to give the skin an even tone. To reduce the appearance of wrinkles, application of Argan oil is also beneficial.
5. Right skin care products – Use sun screen and other skin care products according to the need and according to the issue that you are facing. A water based moisturizer gives a soothing effect to the skin and if you have a sensitive skin then it is good to use hypoallergenic products.
Photo Credits: Pixabay