It has been many times observed that people who wish to lose weight opt for a quick-fix diet before they go for trips or have an important event coming up. But not many are aware that most of the people who go on a diet slim down the wrong way. Here are some of the biggest myths that one has to completely forget.
1. Myth one – Giving up meat helps to lose weight – Plant based diets indeed does good for the body and is also known to prevent type 2 diabetes, prevents cardiovascular diseases and even helps lower high blood pressure. But giving up on certain foods that you are otherwise used to, can lead to deficiency of some of the important nutrients like calcium, vitamin D, iron, omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin B12.
2. Myth two – Detoxing helps to lose weight the quick way – Till today, there is no scientific evidence that detoxing helps to reduce weight. Such a procedure claims to emit toxic waste from the body. This might include taking charcoal supplements, a restricted diet, fasting or even eating nothing at all.
3. Myth three – All kinds of fats are bad for health – It is true that taking high quantity of butter clarified butter or meat can increase cholesterol levels. But when taken in moderation it can be a part of a healthy diet. The fast is that fat is needed by the body to absorb some of the important nutrients like vitamins A,D, E and K.
4. Myth four – Eating carbs make you fat – There are many people who believe that cutting down on carbohydrates, helps to reduce weight. They might not realize that carbs are an important part of a balanced diet and that the body needs it to keep up with the energy levels.
5. Myth six – Diet drinks are healthy – The market has various kinds of energy drinks that might be healthy for the body, but scientists have argued that such diet drinks increase the appetite and stimulates hunger hormones. As these diet soft drinks do not have calories they might lead to a high intake of calorie dense food.
Photo Credits: Pixabay