Depression is surely a condition where you do not feel like interacting with anyone and stay alone with no communication with anyone. Many times it is also the lifestyle factors that lead to depression. Apart from medications, not many know that there are actually foods that help to fight depression.
1. Turkey – Turkey is the source of the most lean protein and is good for dealing with depression. The meat has an edge due to a high level of a chemical known as tryptophan. Many life coaches too recommend to have turkey in case of depression.
2. Dark chocolate – This is indeed a food that has the ability to provide immediately relief. Dark Chocolate helps to release serotonin and also relaxes the blood vessels of the cardiovascular system. However, you just need to take care of the quantity that you intake as it is high on calories.
3. Green tea – For people who are health conscious, green tea can be a blessing. Green tea is a good source of antioxixdants and the content that helps to fight depression is amino acid known as theanine.
4. Turmeric – Turmeric is a popular spice in Asian and Indian cuisine. It is a great spice to boost your mood and also has other benefits. It not just helps in fighting depression but is also known for its anti-inflammatory property.
5. Whole grains – Whole grains are high on fibre which makes you feel good and is also a healthy option for the body. The complex carbohydrates works like wonder to improve mood quickly. Whole grains like oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta and others are a good choice to help fight depression.
6. Low-fat dairy products – Low-fat cheese, skimmed milk and other dairy products are rich in vitamin D and also in protein. They are not just good for the body but are also good for fighting the mental condition.