There are various studies and arguments related to parenting habits. Not many realize that a few mental habits might even rob away the kid’s mental strength. Most of the parents have unhealthy habits that they have been practicing with their kids and this leads to making them mentally weak in future. Here are a few ways you can make your children mentally strong.
1. No self-pity please – If your child has failed a math exam or has failed at a sports event, do not make them feel sorry instead make them understand that failure and rejection are a part of life and a step towards success.
2. Do not make them the centre of the universe – Yes, you child means the world for you but that does not mean that you make the whole and sole. Your child must know that he/she is important but not the most important person.
3. Be a role model to face fear – Children need not be protected all the time. Parents must be a role model to face fears be a guide. Your child must learn how to experience the world first hand.
4. Do not expect perfection – Children are always at a learning stage and it is always better to appreciate what they have done or they will decided that it is no use trying. You can help them to do better than what they had done yesterday.
5. Let them face pain a little – It is a human instinct to protect them from pain and injuries. Kids need to have firsthand experience in dealing with hardships. They have to grow up to become independent adults.
6. Let them make mistakes – It is not always essential to be correct. Letting them fail will make them stronger or else sudden experience of failure after so many wins will break them completely.
7. Do not confuse with discipline and punishment – Punishment means to inflict suffering while discipline means to teach kids how to do better.
Photo Credits: Pixbay