Trying to save some bucks on lunch money? A sandwich and a drink will cost you almost $10 every day, and that’s on the cheap side. Instead of spending that cash on lunch meals every time at work, why don’t you pocket that cash ,enjoy and add the following healthy and delicious updates to your lunch delights . They are super-fast and easy to prepare, good for your health, and also budget-friendly for your wallet.
#1 THE HEALTHY ELVIS
“The Elvis” is dubbed after the famous singer’s insurmountable, huge crave for its tasty charm and for its easy-to-fix recipe. All you have to do is ditch the bacon and replace the peanut butter with a more nutritious option, such as some unsalted almond butter or some sunflower seed spread. A tip: make sure you choose one without much added sugars, hydrogenated oils, or salts in order to get a tasty dish.
– 1 tablespoon agave nectar
– 2 slices whole grain bread
– 1 banana, sliced
– And 2 tablespoons nut butter
1. First toast the slices of bread
2. Next spread some nut butter on each slice
3. Finally, tuck sliced bananas in between both slices and sprinkle with some agave nectar
4. 2 tablespoon olive oil
#2 TUNA PITA SANDWICH
A tuna sandwich packed in water always makes a superb, protein-rich sandwich filling while a sprinkle of some horseradish mustard adds a lovely flavor to it all the time.
– 3 tablespoons of fat-free salad dressing
– 1 whole-wheat pita pocket
– 1 tablespoons horseradish mustard
– 1 can of white tuna in water
– 1/2 tomato, sliced
– And a 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
1. Chop pita pocket in half and toast
2. Combine tuna with mustard and dressing in a small bowl—until they all mix well
3. Add pita pocket into the mixture
4. And finally, add some lettuce together with some sliced tomato
#3 TACO SALAD
Preparation of toss-and-go taco salad is simple but, if not careful, it sometimes offers a mix of both tropical flavor and crunchy texture.
– 1/4 tomato, chopped
– 1/4 head lettuce, shredded
– 1/4 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
– 1/4 mango, peeled, seeded and cut into small chunks
– 1/4 red sliced onion
– 1 cup of baked and crumbled tortilla chips
– 3 tablespoon of lime juice
1. Spread lettuce on a bowl or plate
2. Dress the top with some tomato, mango, onion and avocado spreadings
3. Dash some crumbled tortilla chips on to salad
4. Beautify with olive oil and lime juice
#4 QUICK SALMON BURGER
Salmon burger makes a superb healthy option than a wide variety of fast food hamburgers. They taste even better when they are blend together with a squeeze of some fresh lemon juice.
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 store-purchased salmon patty
– 1 whole-grain bun
– 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
– And Lettuce
1. First, heat oil using a pan and cook some salmon patty on all sides
2. Add some lemon juice to the patty
3. Spread some Dijon mustard neatly on both sides of the whole-grain bun
4. Gather all salmon patty, tomato slices and lettuce in bun
#5 OLD SCHOOL LUNCH
Save yourself from all the stress by packing this simple lunch for work which your mom, at sometime, used to fix you. A turkey sandwich and a side fruit usually take a few seconds to prepare, but the healthy benefits gained will give you so much energy enough to last the whole day. Also, make sure to give your old school lunch a more appealing update by adding some chilled crisp fruit smoothie to it.
a) For a smoothie:
– 1 banana
– 1 cup nonfat milk
– 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
b) For Sandwich:
– 4 pieces of smoked turkey breast, tomatoes and lettuce
– 1 slice whole-grain bread
a) To make a smoothie:
1. First, blend all frozen strawberries and milk and banana altogether in a blender.
b) To make the sandwich:
2. Slice or cut bread in half
3. Apply Dijon mustard on each side
4. Tuck some turkey breast, some tomatoes and lettuce between the halves
5. And finally, serve with any fruit of choice–grapes, blueberries, banana, etc
All in all, the above list contains a variety of some healthy food and easy-to-make lunch ideas you can fix anytime when the cravings strike at work. Trying some of these tasty dishes at work will not only allow you to grow healthy but also allow you to save more!